Now a days many parents decided to educated their children at home and not in the conventional or traditional school/ class base many opted for. When parents decided to homeschool their children, they add an additional role to their daily lives, becoming not just a parent figure, but also the instructor, the ones whom will guide and develop children’s abilities and interests.Freedom, is the characteristic most appreciated by parents that homeschool children, as they have the ability to decide what, how, when and where children learn and the subject they will be seen. This also allows them to choose better their extra curriculum activities.
The following 7 facts for homeschool learners are just an opinion base on our experience, which could vary from family to family, but here we share our thoughts:
1. Develop stronger bonds with their relatives: Due to the time share learning and enjoying the day to day, children can develop a stronger relationship with their parents or siblings. This allows children to express better their feelings and opinions, and parents to get to know better their children and guide them according to their needs.
2. Children can outperform, school educated peers: with the right environment and support of parents, homeschool children can overpass those on school base learning, kids as natural learners learn better when they are engaged and have the right attitude to take new knowledge. Here, parents’ challenge is to discover how and under what conditions their children learn better, and identify those sparked moments of concentration and enjoyment together.
3. Develop a stronger opinionated/critical personality: when children feels secure and in a safe environment, they can express easily their feelings and points of view. As homeschoolers they don’t have to deal with peers pressure, bullying or any other situation that affect their personalities, which could happen at school base learning experience.
4. They create their own learning style: as time pass by, parents will get to know how their children perform better to get great results. Especial attention to the different types of learning is needed: Visual learners, listening – discussion learners and Kinesthetic learning or hands-on approach.Once homeschool learners know how they like to learn best, and all conditions are adapted to it, they will enjoy and learn much easier, so the experience will be pleasant to parents and students.
5. Develop independence: homeschool children tends to satisfy their own curiosity by reading and looking for information about the topic they are studying or very interested in.
This develop independent skills which are very useful later in life, however, it is also very important to incorporate team effort activities and teach them the value of working as a team, parents could incorporate children on activities where results can be clearly seen.
6. They are more creative: homeschoolers have a tendency to be very hands on learners and also pursue natural curiosity in their particular interests. They tend to go out and experiment what they learn and see the things from different perspectives; all this activities if are rightly implemented homeschool students reinforce their creative side allowing them to develop their critical thinking ability.
7. They get to know themselves better: as homeschool children are encourage to explore and read further about what they like, they are more likely to know exactly what they want to study at university, and maybe have a clear mind of who they are. Any child with this self-concept clear, have an advantage among those that not know what they are passionate about.